Logo: The Methodist Church
Premises Booking Requirements
Guidelines for groups requesting
As a Church we recognise the vital role which other people and groups play for the good of our local community. We are part of this work through our activities and organisations. From time to time other groups ask us about the use of our premises. The Church Council needs to approve their use. To help us in the consideration of your request, we therefore require the following information to be completed on the appropriate form (please contact one of the church officers re: accessing the appropriate forms - see end of page).
- Name of group requesting use of premises.
- Person in charge (name, address and phone/mobile number).
- Purpose of use (activity/event planned, one-off, occasional or regular use).
- Day/time/rooms requested.
- Will any charge be made on those using your activity?
- Will you undertake to pay the suggested minimum donation for use of the premises?
In addition we ask that your application for use of the premises should include:-
- A copy of your insurance certificate.
- Information about your group and its work within the community.
Please take careful note of the following:-
A. Your group accepts liability for persons using the premises associated with your activity and for any damage caused.
B. If children are involved, you should be aware of your responsibilities under the Children’s Order (NI 1995).
C. Methodist rules forbid the use of alcohol, gambling and any behaviour that may be deemed unsuitable for church premises.
D. Normal health and safety rules should be observed.
E. Careful attention should be given to notices detailing action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
F. Your group is responsible for supplying and removing all equipment, unless otherwise agreed.
G. The premises should be left clean and tidy.
H. In the event of a serious breach of these guidelines the Church reserves the right to terminate any further use by the group.
I. Usage shall be kept under regular review.
J. A list of contact numbers will be issued when your application is approved.
The above information is required to safeguard both the Church and the user group and also prevent any misunderstandings.
A list of suggested minimum donations for the use of rooms is overleaf.
Charges for Rental of Premises
Rooms* - £30 per session#
Minor Hall or Restaurant - £40 per session
Main Hall - £60 per session
- £120 per day
Kitchen when hired for catering in conjunction with abov - add £25 per session to above cost
- when used by outside organisation for fund raising event - £150 min
- when used by outside organisation for religious service - by donation
- when used by non-member/non subscriber for wedding - £100
- when used for funeral service - No charge
Funeral teas – no charge for premises but costs to be agreed with the Catering Committee.
Where halls are used for interdenominational purposes (e.g. BB or GB Battalion or CE Executive meetings, etc) where church premises are used in turn - No charge
Those applying to rent the premises must complete the appropriate form and return it to the Property Steward.
*Rooms - Music Room, Youth Room or Committee room.
#Session – Morning, afternoon or evening.
INFORMATION TO BE ISSUED WITH A BOOKING CONFIRMATION
THE PERSONS IN CHARGE OF YOUR ORGANISATION SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING EMERGENCY/FIRE PROCEDURE
The procedure to be followed in the event of fire is displayed in "Fire Action" notices sited throughout the building.
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE YOU MUST:
· Raise the alarm by operating the nearest fire alarm call point
· Assist any member of the public or staff who needs help.
· Attack the fire with the equipment provided - if you can do so without undue risk.
· Obey Fire Safety Managers and Fire Wardens instructions.
IF YOU HEAR THE FIRE ALARM YOU MUST:
· Assist any member of the public or colleague who needs help.
· Leave the premises by the nearest available exit, closing all doors behind you.
· Report to the person in charge of the assembly point at: Delaney Green
· Do not stop to collect personal belongings.
· Do not shout or run - this may cause panic.
· You must know how to find the escape routes provided.
· You must know how to operate the fire alarm.
· You must know how to use the fire fighting equipment.
· The person in charge of your organization will call the Fire Brigade immediately the fire alarm sounds. (Management must ensure that the Fire Brigade is called, even if the designated person fails to do so).
· When disabled or handicapped people are on the premises, suitable arrangements should be made for their evacuation in the event of fire.
· An Evacu-Chair is located in the Coffee Bar area.
In the event of any emergency inform one of the following:-
Sam Crowe, Property Steward - 028 9335 3168
Robert Craig, Society Steward - 028 9336 4683
Rev. David Clements, Minister - 028 9336 2202
This is the text-only version of this page. Click here to see this page with graphics.
Edit this page |
Make Your Own Website: 2-Minute-Website.com