Logo: The Methodist Church
If you wish to donate to Christian Aid, and you are happy to do it online, then please click on the following link, which will take you to a page for our church on the JustGiving website (specifically for Christian Aid) - if you are unfamiliar with the JustGiving website, then you may wish to first look at the instructions below
Carrickfergus Methodist Church - Christian Aid Week 2020 - JustGiving page
Click on the link above (on this page) to visit our JustGiving page, which is connected to Christian Aid Week (CAW) 2020.
Here are 10 simple steps to help you donate via Justgiving:
1. You will see a target on the top right of the Justgiving page, and a large red Donate button beneath it. Click the large red Donate button.
2. Decide how much you want to donate. Pick one of the amount options, or key in an amount yourself.
3. Tick the box to ‘Hide your donation amount from public view’ to keep your donation amount private (a bit like putting it in your envelope).
4. Below, Justgiving will suggest adding a small contribution. This is a voluntary contribution to Justgiving, not to Christian Aid. Select the value ‘Other’ and when you see an amount box, key in zero. Click continue.
5. You may be asked if you want to continue as a guest, or you may wish to log in, using your account details. If you haven’t got an account you will need to create one (i.e. Sign Up).
6. You can now enter a message, if you wish, and also your name (which you can also hide from public view), or you can skip the page completely and go to the next page.
7. Advise if JustGiving can reclaim Gift Aid on your behalf – this only applies if you pay enough tax, but you should know that already. If you confirm, you will be asked for details like your name and postcode. Then click Continue.
8. The next page is the payment page - click on the debit/credit card payment option, as this is what most people will be familiar with.
9. Enter your payment card details and then click Continue.
10. Verify your donation on the next page, and then click Continue.
Your payment should then be processed. You can then close down your page/browser.
If you have any questions or struggle with any of the instructions above, please feel free to call Colin Fisher on (028 9336 8572) and he will happily run through donating via Justgiving.
Alternatively, if you do not wish to give online, then it is still possible to give using other methods. For example, you can put cash/a cheque (made out to Christian Aid) into an envelope, and Colin Fisher will arrange to pick it up from you.
Just let Colin know that you wish to do this by contacting him on 028 9336 8572, and giving him your address, and arranging a time that suits you both.
If you can Gift Aid, and wish to do so, then let Colin know and he will bring one of the Christian Aid Gift Aid slips (normally attached to the donation envelope) when he comes to pick up your donation - you can either complete it then and there (it should take no more than 5 minutes), or arrange another time when the completed slip can be collected.
For info: By using Gift Aid, you can increase the value of your donation by 25%
If you have any other questions, please contact Colin Fisher (Christian Aid rep.) on 028 9336 8572
Well, it came, it went, and it was a resounding success, by whatever yardstick you measure it. Our first attempt at a Christmas Tree Festival may have been slightly faltering at times, and we certainly learnt a lot, but we still cannot believe how successful it was, in no small part due to the efforts of Betty Stewart and her trusty band of helpers (or was that conscripts?) Either way, everyone who helped, and also all those who attended, enjoyed it, some of the visitors coming back for a second time (and maybe more) and bringing their friends and family with them.
So a big thank you to all who made it a success, whether that was by decorating trees or the church buildings, moving things from A to B, serving teas/coffees and other delightful refreshments, or just greeting people as they arrived, and showng them where to go. It was a great experience, we raised (for the record) about £6500 for our Building Fund, and we think that everyone went home happy.
Image: Flyer for Tree Festival
This is the text-only version of this page. Click here to see this page with graphics.
Edit this page | Manage website
Make Your Own Website: 2-Minute-Website.com